Courses run throughout Queensland at approved firearm training facilities.
COURSE & FEE STRUCTURE
We advise that the accredited course 30989QLD Course in Firearms Safety has now been superseded. Please contact us on 1800 888 710 in regard to any future firearms training.
Occupations that may require a weapons licence include:
Paintball gallery employee
Aerial feral animal controllers
Commercial wildlife harvester
Accredited game meat harvester
Feral animal controllers on a property
For information regarding the required weapon categories and licence application requirements for the occupations listed, visit: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/licenceApplication/licences/firearms/occupational.htm
Enrolment and successful attainment of weapons-use competencies with Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges is subject to participants satisfying applicant criteria for a Queensland Weapons Licence (see below):
Queensland Police Applicant Criteria
Anyone 18 years of age or over may apply for a Queensland Weapons Licence provided they satisfy the following criteria:
- Are a resident of Queensland (proof of address required on application)
- Are a fit and proper person
- Have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage.
Persons 11 to 17 years of age may apply for a Minor's Licence.
You can apply online for a Weapons Licence.
Make sure you have done your research and collected all the supporting documents you need for your application.
For more details about applicant criteria: VISIT HERE