Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges is a diverse and dynamic vocational education and training (VET) organisation that strives to attract and retain energetic and highly engaged individuals. This combination creates a positive workplace that grows, develops and improves on a continual basis contributing to the sustained viability of the agricultural industry.
Our employees constantly acknowledge that their key reasons for working for us are:
- Positive student contribution – Assist students in their life-long learning journey and be part of the development of future industry workers and leaders.
- Team camaraderie – As an individual, you can be confident that team members support each other and work well together, sharing successes along the way.
- Flexibility – Work life balance is part of our culture and is provided with ownership and the freedom to do your job effectively.
- Variety and challenge – each day brings new challenges, building confidence, engagement and a sense of personal achievement.
As an employee your effort will be rewarded knowing that you are contributing to the continuous improvement of a significant industry that supports the welfare of the nation.
Instructing at Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges
Our instructors are integral to the success of Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges. Working state-wide they are critical in developing trainees, nurturing apprenticeships and building partnerships with industry; delivering short course and specialised targeted training. In addition, residential instructional opportunities are available in Longreach Pastoral College & Emerald Agricultural College delivering a blend of practical skills to ensure our students meet industry expectations following graduation.
Our instructors are agile and are embarking on the latest educational and technical resources to ensure they are the best at what they do - that is to deliver industry ready students through practical and educational excellence.
Becoming an instructor with us will give you the opportunity to instruct and travel whilst being supported through a variety of different modes of delivery including classroom or workplace, distance or online learning or a combination of blended learning delivery modes. We encourage our instructors to develop and build on their skills using a diverse range of training tools and techniques. Engagement and innovation is also key to ensuring our students are industry and workforce ready.
As one of our instructors, you will also contribute to the development of VET training packages in consultation with industry to ensure the programs delivered to students support contemporary workforce requirements.
To be eligible to become an instructor you must:
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110), or be willing to obtain the qualification, prior to commencement,
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competency at least to the level of the training package being delivered, and
- Possess current industry skills relevant to the instructional position.
Current Employment Opportunities
Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges is building a mobile, flexible, ethical and experienced team to carry out VET educational and training activities in a geographical diverse organisation. You will be encouraged to assist others and ensure compliance and best practice in all business areas. If you thrive on the challenge of advancing student learning whilst enhancing your workforce profile join our journey to foster education that supports the agricultural sector.
Or for further information about available positions Visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website. Search by department or organisation: Queensland Agricultural Training CollegesSmart Jobs and Careers
Submit Your Resume
For consideration for appointment to casual or short term vacancies that may become available from time to time, please submit a comprehensive resume indicating your qualifications, skills, abilities and experience to our HR Department. Please indicate the area(s) you are interested in working, the location(s) and your availability.
Please email your resume to HR Applications. Applications will be acknowledged and held on record for a period of 12 months.