- Future Students
- Current Students
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is a way of translating the knowledge, skills and ability you have acquired into nationally recognised competencies, skills sets, and/or qualifications.
Have Your Skills Formally Recognised
Our staff can come to your workplace and work with you to minimise your down-time. Having your existing skills, abilities and knowledge formally recognised can benefit yourself, your business, and your employer.
Qualification outcomes can be based solely on an assessment of your existing skills and knowledge, or in combination with skills gap training where required, to help you work towards qualifications ranging from Certificate up to Diploma level.
Assessment is based on a consideration of your experiences including:
- formal or informal education and training
- work experience
- volunteer experience
- general life experience.
The process typically involves:
- A pre-interview with our RPL co-ordinator to discuss your future goals and prior achievements.
- On-the-job observation
- Consideration of your 'paperwork' evidence.
Acknowledge the contribution of your staff and increase your business capabilities through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Our training co-ordinators come to your workplace and work with you to ensure productivity timeframes are met, while working on increasing capability and confidence in your workplace.
RPL can benefit your business by:
- helping your staff achieve full or part qualifications, potentially motivating their commitment to your business
- assisting you to identify areas where there are skills gaps in your workforce, and thereby allowing you to target future investment in the training most needed
- boosting business productivity
- save you time and costs to get your workforce qualified.
Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges can also assist industry associations to add value to their membership programs by offering RPL services.
Contact us for more information.