Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an effective way of translating the knowledge, skills and abilities you have previously acquired into nationally recognised competencies, skill sets, and/or qualifications.
Have Your Skills Formally Recognised
QATC educators can visit your workplace to minimise your down-time, potentially reducing or eliminating the study time required to achieve a formal qualification.
Having your existing skills, abilities and knowledge formally recognised can significantly benefit your career development and lead to further business opportunities for you or your employer.
Qualification outcomes can be based solely on an assessment of your existing skills and knowledge, or in combination with skills gap training where required, to help you work towards attaining formal qualifications ranging from Certificate up to Diploma level.
Assessment is based on a consideration of your experiences including:
- formal or informal education and training
- work experience
- volunteer experience
- general life experience.
The process typically involves:
- A pre-interview with our RPL co-ordinator to discuss your future goals and prior achievements.
- On-the-job observation
- Consideration of your 'paperwork' evidence.
Acknowledge the contribution of your staff and increase your business capabilities through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Our training co-ordinators visit your workplace and work with you to ensure productivity timeframes are met, while working on increasing capability and confidence in your workplace.
RPL can benefit your business by:
- helping your staff achieve full or part qualifications, potentially motivating their commitment to your business
- assisting you to identify areas where there are skills gaps in your workforce, and thereby allowing you to target future investment in the training most needed
- boosting business productivity
- save you time and costs to get your workforce qualified.
Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges can also assist industry associations to add value to their membership programs by offering RPL services.
Contact us for more information on RPL options.